Barging

A typical day on the barge started with breakfast in the main cabin followed by a Paul-led excursion.  You've already seen two of such excursions, first to Clos de Vougeot and then to Dijon.  We typically returned to the barge by around 1:30 in the afternoon and had lunch on the upper deck.  Then around 3:00 we would go "barging", i.e., traveling down the Burgundy Canal.  A typical distance was about 6 to 10 kilometers passing through six or eight locks.  This would take somewhere around two and a half hours ending just before appertif time. 

I really enjoyed "barging" time and spent every single moment of it on the upper deck including one afternoon with a short, light shower with my three traveling companions and, probably my favorite, one afternoon with a hard, driving rain sitting under an umbrella and getting soaked in the warm rain from the hips down.  It was great.  This time my companions sought shelter below.

Some typical "barging" scenes.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seljalandsfoss, Skógafoss, Dyrholaey, Arnardrangur, Reynisfjara, Vik I Myrdahl

Reykjavik, a photography walk

Iceland Here I am