Sunday, September 22: End of Spain Trip; Home to the USA

We take early (7am) breakfast at the hotel and then head to the airport for our trip home: Madrid through Atlanta to Minneapolis.  The excitement in the Madrid airport is that I was lucky enough to be (randomly, I think) selected to participate in an exercise designed to detect explosive and/or drug residue on my person, my bags, everything in my bags, my socks ...  It is a good thing that I am anal about getting to the airport early.  This took a long time.  And I passed.  :-)

We are on the plane to Atlanta.
After arriving in Atlanta after a nine and one-half hour flight, we immediately realized the disadvantage of going through Atlanta and landing directly in Barcelona on the way over:  we still have another flight to our destination of the day.

It has been a great trip.  We are home.  The Bauer travel blog is going dark until our next adventure.  Thanks for following along.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seljalandsfoss, Skógafoss, Dyrholaey, Arnardrangur, Reynisfjara, Vik I Myrdahl

Reykjavik, a photography walk

Iceland Here I am