Friday, September 20: Toledo

Today is a tough day for me.  It has been described as a lot of walking on cobblestones with many large hills.  I am not sure that I am up for it.  Our guide promises to find me a place to have a drink and come back for me if I need to so I am going to try.  I am relying on dual trekking poles for support.  Photographs today are courtesy of Beverly.

We arrive at very hilly Toledo, capital of Spain until 1561.
Lots of cobblestones, stonework, narrow streets and alleys.
El Transito Synagogue and Sephardic Museum.
During the tour of the Primate Cathedral of Saint Mary of Toledo, I decided to take a break and rest.  Thank goodness for Beverly's photos.
We pass many fine shops.
 Toledo is noted for knives and cutlery.
We lunch at Trombel and I have a well deserved rest at Plaza de Zocodover.
Here is a picture of Bill, just because there are very few pictures of Bill.
Thank goodness that Toledo does have escalators to get up and down from old town to streets with vehicular traffic.  Beverly is having a macaroon break back on the bus headed back to Madrid.
Road Scholar dinner tonight is at a very nice, local restaurant with very pretty china.
The appetizer plate.
Hake.
And, of course, Road Scholar dessert ... tiramisu.
It has a very full and exhausting day.  I am tired and sore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seljalandsfoss, Skógafoss, Dyrholaey, Arnardrangur, Reynisfjara, Vik I Myrdahl

Reykjavik, a photography walk

Iceland Here I am