Saturday, October 7, 2017: Tent Rocks National Monument, Georgia O'Keefe Museum

Bill is up fairly early today to visit Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks National Monument, about one hour SW of Santa Fe.  The monument is known for its light-colored, cone-shaped tent rock formations resulting from volcanic eruptions that occurred between 6 and 7 million years ago.  The main attraction for me is the narrow slot canyon trail rising 630 feet providing amazing photographic opportunities.  This spot is so popular that they turn people away that don't get here early.  I arrive early enough to have mostly unobstructed views.  This is only a small portion of today's photographs.
I took a wrong turn leaving tent rocks and ended up on a "local" road that kept getting worse and worse.  Before I finally turned around ahead of a stream crossing sans bridge, as in you drive through the water, I encountered horses on the road.  This is rural.
Bev shops at the native market in front of the Governor's Mansion.
This afternoon we also toured the Georgia O'Keefe Museum in Santa Fe.
Dinner tonight is off of the happy hour menu (half price!) at L'Olivia, a French-themed restaurant downtown.  Cheese plate for Bev and steak frites for Bill.  It wasn't really a French restaurant however.  When I asked for the check in French (about the only phrase that I know), the waiter was flummoxed.
Room service chocolate mousse back at the hotel.
 This is our last night in Santa Fe.  It has gone quickly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seljalandsfoss, Skógafoss, Dyrholaey, Arnardrangur, Reynisfjara, Vik I Myrdahl

Reykjavik, a photography walk

Iceland Here I am