June 2 (Thursday): Coeur d'Alene Resort

First a shot taken from our hotel room last evening during the photographic "blue hour".  This part of photography is not my specialty but I'm trying to learn.
We had a fairly low key day.  Unlike past trips, the blog this trip has been mostly absent of food pictures.  That is because, well, the food, while good, hasn't been particularly noteworthy.  Now that we are here, that has changed.  We plan today with a late "breakfast" intending to only have two meals today.  We breakfast in the Dockside Cafe.
There is a test today.  Guess which of the below breakfast meals belongs to each of us.  No peeking.
We tour Lake Coeur d'Alene by boat ...
to get views of the famous "floating green" of the 14th hole of their golf course ...
and get views of the hotel.
I was able to tour the wine cellar of Beverly's Restaurant, the signature restaurant of the hotel.  This wine cellar, they say, is the largest wine cellar in the northwest, valued at over $2 million.
We dine this evening, of course, at Beverly's Restaurant.  Here is Beverly in Beverly's.
 All in all, it was a very good and very relaxing day but not too exciting blog-wise.

I promise something really exciting for tomorrow (unless I chicken out).  I'm not sure how good of pictures that I can get but I will try.

BTW, Beverly had the fruit and bagel for breakfast and I had the cinnamon roll French toast with warm apple compote and bacon.  Yea!  You got it right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seljalandsfoss, Skógafoss, Dyrholaey, Arnardrangur, Reynisfjara, Vik I Myrdahl

Reykjavik, a photography walk

Iceland Here I am